First held in downtown Doylestown in 1991, the Annual Doylestown Arts Festival features a juried selection of artists on display for you to enjoy. The participants in this year’s festival include more than 160 artists, plus there will be two food courts and five stages of live music.
Let’s take a closer look at the event details.
This year’s event will take place on Saturday, September 12 through Sunday, September 13 in downtown Doylestown. The food courts will be held at the corner of Hamilton and West State Streets and at the corner of Pine and East State Streets. Vendors will be located along West and East State Streets, Hamilton Street, Pine Street, West and East Oakland Avenues, and South Main Street.
There are plenty of places to park, including the Bucks County Garage, Wells Fargo Lot, and County Parking Lot. All of these are offering free parking after noon, with the County Lot offering free parking all day.
Art on Display
The event features not only visual art but also live music. We’ve added a little bit of information from the live music schedule below as well as what artists you can expect to be at the festival this year.
The 2015 Doylestown Arts Festival will also include some incredible artists, including the following:
- Designer and illustrator Eli Helman of Easthampton, MA
- Painter Stephen Estrada of Silver Spring, MD
- Jeweler Karen Clark of Karen Coston Jewelry in Baltimore, MD
- Potter Evelyn King of Pipersville, PA
Other vendors you can expect to see at the event will have items such as apparel and wearable art, children’s items, crafts, candles, furniture, pet items, soaps and skincare, textiles, and handbags available. For a full list of items available and vendors who will be in attendance, visit the official event website.
The 2015 Doylestown Arts Festival will include some great musicians, such as the following:
- Andrea Carlson and the Love Police at 10:30 am Saturday at Main and Oakland
- Randy Lippincott Band at 11:30 am Saturday at State and Main
- Siren Records at 1:30 pm Saturday at Oakland & Hamilton on Saturday
- Daniel DeJesus at 3:30 pm Saturday at State and Clinton
- Tim Farrell at 11:00 am Sunday at State and Clinton
- Minas at 12:30 pm Sunday at State and Main
- StringSongs at 2 pm Sunday at Main and Oakland
- CB Cares Youth to Community at 3:30 pm Sunday at State and Hamilton
Of course this is just a small sampling of all of the music that you can hear during the festival. There are many more, all of which are listed on the event website.
Food for Sale
Of course, a festival just isn’t complete without some seriously delicious food. Between the two food courts, you’ll find tons of your favorites from local restaurants, including Artistic Pizzeria, Chambers 19, Happy Snacks, and Philly Pretzel Company.
If you’re interested in attending the 2015 Doylestown Arts Festival, get all of the event details on the official event website now!