Package Options for the 2014 Acura TL
The sedan lineup of the Acura offers a variety of options and one of them is the Acura TL. Built in Marysville Ohio, this heavy hitting luxury sedan combines styling and power from Japan and America. The first generation of the Acura TL was released in the year 2009. Ever since, it has received freshening features and packages.
Priced at $37,000, it is surprising that it still has an impeccable resale record; a rare possibility in other brands. The 2014 TL package offers a sporty yet stable ride and this is an impressive attribute in a motor world where manufactures push more for performance rather than comfort. Some of the preferred 2014 TL packages include impressive acceleration, proven reliability, optional four wheel drive and striking performance.
The down side of the Acura is that both V6 engines choices suffer from under-steer especially when there is too much pushing on the curves, which result in the rear seating snugging.
The 2014 TL package options can be found in two variants. The first is a 3.5 liter V6 front wheel drive with 280 horsepower and has a 6 speed automatic gear transmission. The second is Acura’s super handling All-wheel drive which is the more powerful set-up. Equipped with 350 horsepower, 3.7 liter V6 engine paired with either a 6 speed manual or automatic gear transmission. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the Acura TL’s front wheel drives is rated at 20 miles per gallon/ 29 mpg on a highway.
There are 3 trims available for the 2014 Acura. These are TL, TL special edition and TL SH-AWD. The technology and advanced packages can be found in the TL and TL SH trims. These are some of the features of the 2014 TL packages;
- Power moon roof, HID headlights and 8-way power driver’s seat.
- 8-way power passenger’s seat with 2-way power lumbar support.
- Steering wheels with paddle shifters, tilting and heated outside mirrors, 17-inch alloy wheels, leather seats and heated front seats.
- Dual zone automatic climate control, 8-speaker audio system, 6 CD changer, Bluetooth, USB port and Bluetooth enabled cell phone connectivity.
- Colored key rear spoiler for the TL special edition.
- For the technology package, which goes for $40, 655 there is an addition of 440 watt audio upgrade, voice activated navigation, sensing climate control, keyless push- start button.
- In the advanced package there are heated and ventilated front seats, blind spot monitoring system and a further inclusion of 18-inch alloy wheels.
The TL’s safety features include 6 airbags, protection for the driver and front seat passenger through the active head restraints, and advanced compatibility engineering body structure technology, a typical feature of the Acura sedan’s line up.
It scored 4 out of 5 stars in the side impact crash test performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It was rated a top safety pick after getting the highest scores on the 2014 Acura safety awards.
The 2014 TL packages offers you more exhilarating driving experience with more unrefined and raw power output compared to its competitors. The automatic transmission is smooth and more satisfaction can be derived from its quiet and comfortable cabin. Aside from its luxurious amenities, the Acura has a more tangible reason for picking it up; reliability and longevity.
Besides, if you want to shop around, either for a new car or need to upgrade your model, service parts and accessories are available at renowned dealerships. There you will find reliable and experienced team of professional service technicians for all your automotive needs. General maintenance is an important aspect of auto servicing.